PMA 265 F/A-18 Super Hornet Program office is looking for a talented Senior Engineer (Systems Engineer (SE)) with experience in NAVAIR SE processes to include managing software requirements. Someone who has engineering experience leading a team able to navigate and coordinate with leadership and the OEM to ensure cost, schedule and performance attributes of a project are met. Specific position would support the System Configuration Set SW upgrades in support of the F-18 Super Hornet.
AVIAN (pronounced *a-v-yin*) is an employee-owned, entrepreneurial-spirited company where creative, talented minds flourish, and where proactive, productive, proficient professionals feel valued.
We are resourceful, responsive and reachable for various government and commercial clients in program, financial, and logistics management; engineering and systems engineering; test and evaluation of manned and unmanned systems; workforce development and training; communication strategy and graphic design.
The type of work we do is a direct result of the creativity of our team, and the talents they bring. But in the end, we are all driven by the purpose of taking care of those around us.
We’re seeking people that are passionate and excited about creating well-crafted products and memorable experiences with our customers. We are not in the market of automated transactions; we build lasting relationships.
Systems Engineering Responsibilities:
1. Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan and design, develop, implement, test or evaluate military weapons systems.
2. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals and other technical documentation.
3. Applies systems engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
4. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems.
OR; Leads the execution of complex tasks.
5. Applies and integrates engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test or evaluate military weapons systems.
6. Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
Education: Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
Experience: At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required. Foreign Military Sales Experience is desired.
This position requires a Secret Department of Defense clearance.
Our entire AVIAN workforce is required to comply with the Executive Order 14042 requiring employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. An employee will be considered fully vaccinated when at least two (2) weeks have elapsed after the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 series or at lease (2) weeks have elapsed after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
AVIAN is a service-based organization. As an equal opportunity employer, our policy of business is to seek the most qualified candidate for each talent opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, religious belief, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual preference, physical or mental handicap, lawful political affiliation, or veteran’s status.